FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
How do we get Blue Shoe to visit our school or district?
- If you have funding:
If you are a school or district that has funding to support programs, please visit our booking page and you will be contacted immediately regarding with all of the costs and available dates.
- If you do not have funding or have limited funding:
You may apply for a Texas Commission of the Arts matching mini-grant for our program. You may also contact the Director of Fine Arts for your district and let them know that you would like to be part of our annual district tour.
- One, two or three performances?
- In an effort to provide the best experience possible for your students, we recommend conducting one performance for every 250 students. If the group exceeds 250 students, additional performances may be required. Most campuses opt to conduct two back-to-back performances separated by grade level, for example pre-k-2 and 3-5.
- How do we schedule a date for the program?
- Submit a booking request and we will contact you with available date information within 48 hours.
- How long does the program last?
- Approximately 45-50 minutes.
- What is the format of the The Blue Shoe Project?
- The Blue Shoe Project is presented in the assembly format. Each school has the discretion to choose which grade levels and student groups to participate.
- What are the technical requirements for this program?
- The school is only required to provide a screen with an LCD projector that plugs into a laptop to facilitate the projection of graphics associated with the program. All of the other equipment required is provided by The Blue Shoe Project.
- What if I want to include students from other campuses within the district?
- Students from other campuses or districts are welcome to attend the program presented by your school. Though it is not required, we recommend the size of the groups be kept to 250 students per performance to maximize the experience your students receive.
- How do we reschedule a program?
- In the event that you need to reschedule a program, please contact us as soon as possible.
- What grade levels is this program geared towards?
- The Blue Shoe Project’s presentation is designed for k-12 students. Program content and the delivery approach are modified based on the audience.
- Additional Questions?
- If you have any additional questions, please feel free to email us.